Fulton Place Construction Officially Underway
The Fulton Place ground breaking occurred yesterday.
- Located between Lexington and Seward on Fulton Street adjacent to Grand Valley State University's Pew Campus.
- $35 million dollar construction project by Rockford Construction
- 232 "beds"
- Seven three-story four bedroom townhouses in 13,000sq ft. three story building
- Three two bedroom apartments in three story 5,500sq ft. building
- 102 units (14 one bedroom, 84 two bedroom, four four bedroom) in mixed use 125,000 sq ft building.
- 10,000 square feet of ground-level retail space.
- On-site residential parking in both two-story parking garage and street level.
- Completion scheduled for June 2016, in time for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Participating project in the West Side "Corridor Improvement District"
"Housing experts estimate 6,250 housing units will be built in and around downtown in the next five years" - FOX15
MLIVE has done some, albeit data-lite, coverage on the changes required to accommodate additional housing and where this might be located in two recent stories:
- 3 changes needed to bring 10,000 households to downtown Grand Rapids
- 10,000 downtown households, Warning: annoying slide-show format.